You are not alone in managing your health.
Along with your primary care doctor, you have 24/7 access to a Care Team who will work together to help you get well and stay healthy.
Your Care Team includes dentists, behavioral health and social workers, nurses, health educators, nutritionists, wellness experts, patient advocates, and medical assistants.
Talk with your Care Team members about all of your health needs including:
You are the most important member of your care team – let us know how we can help.
Call 914-OD-CARES (632-2737)
New patients and walk-ins welcome.
Open Door Family Medical Centers is recognized by the NCQA as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
We provide every patient with a primary care provider and a care team that may include: social workers, health educators, nutritionists, dentists, mental health workers, patient advocates and medical assistants. You are the most important person in your care team. You and your team will work together to address your preventive, wellness, acute and chronic care needs.
How will a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) help you?
- You (and your family) will have an ongoing relationship with your primary care provider and care team to manage your healthcare needs.
- Your care team will assist you in coordinating care with other clinicians, specialists, and community providers, if necessary.
- Your team will have access to your confidential health records to be readily able to provide continuity of care.
- Open Door and your care team are accessible. We have extended hours, same day walk-ins and after-hours communication, when necessary.
- Open Door as your PCMH is committed to providing the highest quality care.
How can you help your care team?
- Share your questions and concerns with your primary care provider and care team.
- Follow up on referrals, screenings and any care plan recommended by your clinicians.
- Share medication changes, specialists’ reports and discharge information with your primary care clinician.
- Let us know what is happening with your health and how we can assist you.
- Make sure your care team understands your communication (language, preferred method, etc.) needs.
How can I get advice from my primary care provider and care team?
- During office hours to arrange an appointment or contact your care team call 1-914-OD-CARES. If an urgent appointment is necessary, you may just walk into your health center.
- After hours an on-call provider will respond to your medical questions. Please call 1-914-OD-CARES and follow the prompts to reach a clinician.
- Sign up to receive text messages from your provider.
- Log in to the patient portal for easy access to test results and to communicate electronically with your primary care provider.
- For medical emergencies, please call 911.