Open Door offers nutrition counseling at no cost for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), including nutritious foods, education, and breastfeeding support to new and expectant mothers, and their children.
To qualify for the WIC program, you must:
- Be a pregnant woman of any age
- Be an infant or child up to five years of age
- Be a mother of a baby that is up to six months of age; or,
- Be a breast feeding mother of a baby that is up to 12 months of age
- Be a resident of New York State
- Meet the income eligibility guidelines; or, be receiving benefits from Medicaid, Food Stamps or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Be evaluated by a WIC nutritionist for nutritional needs
Note: You do not need to be a U.S. citizen or have a Social Security number.
Contact our WIC locations in Ossining (914-502-1310), Sleepy Hollow (914-406-8150), or Mount Kisco (914-269-0784) for more information.
Open Door also offers nutrition lessons at every grade level throughout our area – including cooking classes and participation in National Food Day.