Some of our most critical services are not covered through third-party reimbursements or government grants – including Patient Advocacy, Wellness, and Integrated Behavioral Health Services. Open Door offers a range of tax-deductible donation options. Explore the many ways to contribute to Open Door below, and help us meet the growing demand for high-quality, affordable health care in your community.
Financial Support – An unrestricted contribution allows us to address the greatest needs. Gifts can also be directed to support specific community programs and services.
Sustaining Gifts – Commit to Open Door through regular and automatic recurring charges to your credit or debit card at the frequency of your choice. Simply select “recurring gift” when you donate online or tell us you’d like to make a sustaining contribution.
Gifts of Stock – Receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of your stock gift along with an exemption from capital gains tax on shares that you have owned for at least one year.
Planned Gifts – A charitable bequest in your will helps to preserve vibrant, healthy communities for generations to come and creates a lasting legacy for Open Door. Additional planned giving options include:
- Retirement Plans – Funds from retirement plans such as pension funds, 401ks, 403bs, and IRAs can be donated to Open Door without paying any income and estate taxes.
- Life Insurance – If you own a life insurance policy that is no longer needed for the protection of your family or for other purposes, you may use it to make a gift to Open Door.
- Financial Accounts – Talk to your bank or broker about how to gift funds from bank and brokerage accounts to Open Door.
Memorial or Honorary Gifts – Celebrate the lives and achievements of special individuals by making gifts in their honor.
Corporate Matching Gifts – Corporations can make a huge difference in our community while engaging employees and customers in philanthropic initiatives.
- Employer Matching – Your employer may match, double or even triple the value of your gift. Your company’s human resources office can provide appropriate information.
- Retail Philanthropy – When you name as your charitable organization of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Open Door.
To learn more about any of our giving opportunities, please contact Amy Wolfson, Chief External Relations Officer, at email@example.com or 914-502-1416.
Ways to Donate
Open Door welcomes donations online, by phone, or by mail. All donations make a difference and are greatly appreciated.
- Donate Online – Donate using our secure online donation form.
- Donate by Phone – Please contact the Open Door Foundation at 914-502-1410. We are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Donate by Mail – Checks can be made payable to Open Door Foundation and mailed to:
Open Door Foundation
Open Door Family Medical Centers
2 Church Street, Suite 101
Ossining, NY 10562
Open Door is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax-exempt organization designated by the Internal Revenue Code. When you contribute more than $5 to Open Door, you will receive an acknowledgment letter for income tax purposes. For smaller donations, your canceled check or credit card statement can serve as a record of your donation. The privacy of our donors is very important to us and we do not share or sell this information. View our Donor Bill of Rights.