Volunteer Application Requirements and Commitment:
Open Door relies on the support of both ongoing and occasional volunteers. There are many programs that we could not offer without volunteers like you! As a health organization we have several pre-volunteer requirements that must be completed for volunteers working on an ongoing basis in our health centers and administrative offices. Candidates for ongoing volunteer positions and college internships must have a social security or permanent resident number.
- To serve as an ongoing volunteer you must be an adult, college student or high school student age 14 or older
- All volunteers 18 years and older will have a background check performed by Open Door
- Medical requirements:
- Provide documentation of a physical exam not older than 12 months
- Provide documentation of a PPD Test (TB) not older than 12 months
- Provide an immunization record or documentation of blood work for titer levels
- Provide documentation of the seasonal flu vaccine
- Sign a Hepatitis B form
- Have two reference forms completed and submitted directly to Open Door
- Attend a volunteer orientation and complete a safety post test
- Sign a Volunteer Service Agreement and Pledge of Confidentiality
- Volunteers agree to serve a minimum of 20 hours in a 12 month period. College internships typically require a commitment of 100+ hours.
Availability of Volunteer Positions:
Open Door appreciates our community member’s desire to assist in our efforts. We are not always able to use the assistance of every candidate. Completing a volunteer interest form does not guarantee that we will be able to use your service.
When your form is received, the Volunteer Office will contact you to discuss your interest. If a volunteer position is available to match both your needs and Open Doors needs, we will forward a volunteer application to you.
- All high school senior internships are filled at this moment.
- Open Door does not offer shadowing of medical professionals or clinical experience.
- We are not able to use medial professional volunteers in direct patient care.