Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years, providing high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices. Open Door’s nationally renowned Community Health Center sites, mobile dentistry units, school-based health programs, and its family practice and dental practice residency training programs, deliver exceptional value to both patients and the communities it serves, dedicated to engaging men, women and children in healthier lifestyles and creating healthier communities.
This year, Open Door will be the medical home for more than 40,000 patients, providing more than 210,000 visits. Our family medical services include primary medical care, dentistry, mental health, optometry, podiatry, and women’s health in Ossining, Sleepy Hollow, Port Chester, Mount Kisco, and Brewster, NY.
Open Door believes that healthcare is a right, not a privilege, with primary care to be affordable and delivered cost-effectively. We believe that healthy individuals and families are the foundation of a caring society, and that those empowered to lead healthy lives contribute significantly to our communities’ success.
Open Door is seeking two (2) Family Physicians for its Family Medical Centers in Port Chester, NY and Brewster, NY. The Family Physicians will report to the respective Medical Site Directors and will be based in Port Chester, NY or Brewster, NY. He/she will lead cross-functional care teams. All Open Door Family Medical Centers are located in Westchester and Putnam counties located just North of New York City, which offer excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities, and superb transportation connections to New York City.
• Provide high quality primary care to Open Door patients of infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric groups
• Lead cross-functional care teams
• Provide comprehensive patient care and establish a family partnership whenever possible to ensure the needs of the patients are met on an ongoing basis
• Ensure high quality primary care is delivered cost-effectively, consistently
• Provide appropriate specialist referrals, follow-up and hospitalization when indicated
• Maintain electronic medical records in compliance with Open Door’s standards with high efficiency
• Engage patient, family and cross-functional care teams in sustained health and well-being of the patient
• Partner with Open Door’s Behavioral Health team and resources
• Maintain familiarity with ongoing research and development in relevant fields
• Ensure performance improvement initiatives are supported with timely and accurate data and consistent actions
• Represent Open Door in community outreach activities
• Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy, licensed in NYS prior to start date
• Completion of three-year family practice residency
• Board-eligible from American Board of Family Medicine; board certification required within 2 years after completion of residency training
• Proficient in Spanish
• Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
• Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
• Focused on collaborative team-based care
• Responsive and comfortable working in a past-faced, high accountability environment.
• Proficient in EHR systems
• Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
• Comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback
• Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
• Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (FT)
Systems Administrator to assist us with our current expansion and future planned growth.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assist in the overall administration and support of the infrastructure
• System administration of application servers including the installation and maintenance of system and application software and distribution of security updates.
• Help Implement and support new applications, feature enhancements and interfaces between internal and external information systems.
• User and security administration of all information systems, including but not limited to a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain, MS Sql server, Trend Micro Suite, IIS Adminstration, Cisco Networking, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
• VMware administration and maintenance
• Share responsibility in providing a point of escalation for the IT Support of our member organizations
• Create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures in our issue ticking database.
• Monitor daily backup and general status of systems.
• Report directly to the IT Manager on a daily basis and assist the IT department for special projects and rollouts.
• Assist in purchasing, recommendation, and rollout of new hardware, software and applications
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and desktop systems.
• Strong network knowledge (VLAN’s, Port Forwarding, Switching, TCPIP, and routers).
• Strong knowledge of VMWARE
• Strong SAN knowledge
• Self motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
• Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels within the organization.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Certifications a plus.
• Knowledge of eCW a plus
Travel: Some travel may be required to the datacenter(s) in support of our systems.
Interested individuals should forward resume with salary requirements to: Open Door – Attn: RBoyd@odfmc.org